Richard Duszak, Jr., MD
Vice Chair for Health Policy and Practice
Department of Radiology and Imaging Sciences
1364 Clifton Road, NE Suite D112
Atlanta, Ga 30322
Phone: (404) 712-6301
Nationally recognized for his work in imaging health policy, Dr. Duszak came to Emory after serving as founding CEO of the Neiman Health Policy Institute and president of a regional health system based radiology practice. A recent member of the CPT Editorial Panel, he has held numerous national professional society leadership positions and currently serves as Associate Editor for Health Services Research and Policy for the Journal of the American College of Radiology.
- B.A. La Salle University, Philadelphia, PA
- M.D. The Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine, Hershey, PA
- Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC (Diagnostic Radiology Residency)
- University of Pennsylvania Medical Center, Philadelphia, PA (Interventional Radiology Fellowship)
- American Board of Radiology, Diagnostic Radiology
- American Board of Radiology, Vascular and Interventional Radiology
Long active in organized medicine and physician payment system development, Dr. Duszak is keenly interested in studying the intersection of health care delivery and payment systems to identify new opportunities for creating value and sustainability in fragile healthcare markets and sectors, particularly as they relate to medical imaging. His work focuses on medical imaging utilization, delivery and emerging value- and quality-focused payment methodologies.
- View publications on PubMed