Bill O'Connell, MD
Department of Radiology and Imaging Sciences
Assistant Professor, Radiology
Emory University School of Medicine
Emory University Hospital
1364 Clifton Road NE
Atlanta, GA 30322
Dr. O'Connell is a Board Certified Diagnostic Radiologist and Interventional Radiologist performing minimally invasive procedures with specialty interests in Venous Thromboembolic Disease, IVC Filter Retrieval, Hepatobiliary Disease, Interventional Oncology with Y90, Chemoembolization and Ablation therapies, Women's health including Fibroid Embolization and Pelvic Congestion Syndrome as well as Vertebral Compression fractures, Kyphoplasty and Bone Ablation. His primary location is Emory St. Joseph's Hospital.
- B.S. Chemistry – Penn State University, State College, PA (2004)
- M.D. – Rutgers University New Jersey Medical School, Newark, NJ (2008)
- Residency - Hahnemann University Hospital/Drexel College of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA (2013)
- Fellowship - Northwestern Memorial Hospital, Chicago, IL (2014)
- Board Certifications - Diagnostic Radiology (2013), Vascular & Interventional Radiology (2016)
O’Connell WG, Shah J, Mitchell JW, Prologo JD, Martin L, Miller MJ, Martin J. Obstruction of the Biliary and Urinary System. Techniques in Vascular & Interventional Radiology. Devember 2017. Volume 20. Issue 4. Pages 288-293.
Mitchell JW,O’Connell WG, Gilliland CA, Best IM. Managing Venous Thromboembolic Disease On Call. Techniques in Vascular & Interventional Radiology. December 2017. Volume 20, Issue 4. Pages 281-287.
Mitchell JW, O’Connell WG, Kisza P, Klyde DP, Gonzalez SF, Maldjian P, Bahramipour P, Contractor SG. Safety and Feasibility of Outpatient Transcatheter Hepatic Arterial Embolization for Hepatocellular Carcinoma. Journal of Vascular and Interventional Radiology. February 2009. 20:203-208.