John N. Oshinski, PhD
Radiology and Imaging Sciences
Emory/Georgia Tech Department of Biomedical Engineering
Emory University MR Research Division (Radiology sub-Division)
Center for Systems Imaging (CSI)
1364 Clifton Road NE
Atlanta, GA 30322
Phone: (404) 727-5894
Dr. Oshinski is known for his collaborative efforts between Emory and the Georgia Institute of Technology, as well as his dedication to advancing the technologies of MR imaging. The underlying mission of his research is the application of engineering principles and technical problem-solving techniques to current clinical problems in the imaging, diagnosis, and treatment cardiovascular disease. His research has concentrated on developing imaging applications that directly impact disease diagnosis and patient care.
- Ph.D. Mechanical Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, Georgia
- M.S. Mechanical Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, Georgia
- B.S. Mechanical Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, Georgia
- B.S. Physics, Kalamazoo College, Kalamazoo, Michigan
The major areas of Dr. Oshinski’s research program are 1) the development and application of imaging techniques for the evaluation of atherosclerotic plaques, 2) application of phase contrast MRI to study vascular hemodynamics, and 3) use of imaging to plan electrophysiology procedures such as cardiac resynchronization therapy (CRT). He is also committed to training scientists, physician-researchers, and physician-scientists.
- View publications on PubMed