Ila Sethi, MD
Department of Radiology and Imaging Sciences
Emory University School of Medicine
Emory University Hospital
1364 Clifton Road NE
Atlanta, Georgia 30322
Phone: (404) 712-4843
Dr. Sethi is a Nuclear Medicine physician with research interests in head and neck imaging. After completing her residency and fellowship training at Emory, she joined Emory as a faculty member in August 2017. Prior to starting her clinical training in the US, she did research at University of Chicago for three years and worked in the field of Virtual Colonoscopy as well as MR Imaging of the prostate.
- Medical School: Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College, AMU, Aligarh, India
- Diagnostic Radiology: Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College, AMU, Aligarh, India
- Neuroradiology Fellowship: George Washington University, Washington, D.C.
- Nuclear Medicine Residency: Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia
- PET/CT Fellowship: Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia
a. Published and Accepted Research Articles (clinical, basic science, other) in Refereed Journals:
- Medved M, Soylu-Boy FN, Karademir I, Sethi I, Yousuf A, Karczmar GS, Oto A. High Resolution Diffusion Weighted Imaging of Human Prostate.Am J Roentgenol. 2014 Jul; 203(1):85-90.
- Levy LM, Degnan AJ, Sethi I, Henkin RI. Anatomic olfactory structural abnormalities in congenital smell loss: magnetic resonance imaging evaluation of olfactory bulb, groove, sulcal, and hippocampal morphology.J Comput Assist Tomogr.2013 Sep-Oct; 37(5):650-7.
- Schmid-Tannwald C, Thomas S, Ivancevic MK, Dahi F, Rist C, Sethi I and Oto A. Diffusion-weighted MRI of metastatic liver lesions: is there a difference between hypervascular and hypovascular metastases? Acta Radiologica. 2013 Aug 28; 55(5):515-523.
- Oto A, Sethi I, Karczmar GS, McNichols R, Ivancevic MK, Stadler WM, Watson S, Eggener S. MR Imaging–guided Focal Laser Ablation for Prostate Cancer: Phase I Trial. June 2013 Radiology, 267:3, 932-940
- Peng Y, Jiang Y, Yang C, Brown JB, Antic T, Sethi I, Schmid-Tannwald C, Giger ML, Eggener S, Oto A. Quantitative Analysis of Multiparametric Prostate MR Images: Differentiation between Prostate Cancer and Normal Tissue and Correlation with Gleason Score-A Computer-aided Diagnosis Development Study. June 2013 Radiology, 267:3, 787-796
- Oto A, Soylu FN, Jiang Y, Sethi I, Peng Y, Antic T, Eggener S, Yousuf A, Wang S. Seminal Vesicle Invasion in Prostate Cancer: Evaluation by using Multi-parametric Endorectal MR imaging . June 2013 Radiology, 267, 797-806
- Agarwal G, Sethi I, Oto A. MRI of Female Pelvis. Part 1.Applied Radiology.2012 May; 41(5), 18-23.
- Agarwal G, Sethi I, Oto A. MRI of Female Pelvis. Part 2.Applied Radiology.2012 May; 41(5), 23A-G.
- Schmid-Tannwald C, Agrawal G, Dahi F, Sethi I, Oto A. Diffusion-weighted MRI: role in detecting abdominopelvic internal fistulas and sinus tracts. J Magn Reson Imaging. 2012 Jan; 35(1):125-31.
- Oto A, Schmid-Tannwald C; Agrawal G, Kayhan A, Lakadamyali H, Orrin S, Sethi I, Sammet S, MD, Xiaobing F.Diffusion-weighted MR Imaging of abdominopelvic abscesses. Emerg Radiol. 2011 Dec; 18(6):515-24.
- Kayhan A, Yang C ,Soylu FN, Lakadamyalı H ,Sethi I, Karczmar G ,Walter Stadler W, Oto A. DCE-MRI of bone metastasis in prostate cancer. World J Radiol. 2011 October 28; 3(10): 241–245.
- Fan X, Haney CR, Agrawal A, Pelizzari CA, Antic T, Eggener SE, Sethi I, River JN, Zamora M, Karczmar GS, Oto A. High-Resolution MRI of Excised Human Prostate Specimens Acquired with 9.4T in Detection and Identification of Cancers: Validation of a Technique. J Magn Reson Imaging. 2011 Oct; 34(4):956-61.
b. Book Chapters:
- Dachman AH, Sethi I, Lefere P. Virtual Colonoscopy In: Hawkey CJ, Bosch J, Richter JE, Garcia-Tsao G, Chan FKL (eds). Textbook of Clinical Gastroenterology and Hepatology, 2nd edition. May 2012. Wiley- Blackwell, Oxford. Chapter 136, pgs. 1027-1033.
- Dachman AH, Sethi I. Extracolonic Findings. In: Dachman AH, Laghi A (eds). Atlas of Virtual Colonoscopy, 2nd edition. Springer-Verlag, Inc. New York, NY. January 2011. Chapter 11, pgs.155-162
- Nuclear Medicine for Physicians. Guest Speaker at Annual RAJMAAI (Rajasthan Medical Alumni Association, Inc.) Convention 2015, Atlanta GA. August 15th, 2015.
- Radionuclide Imaging in Dementia & Epilepsy. Guest Speaker at Radiology Grand Rounds, Loyola University Medical Center. April 17th, 2015.