Frank C. Tong, MD
Department of Radiology and Imaging Sciences
1364 Clifton Road NE
Atlanta, GA 30329
Dr. Tong is jointly appointed in the Departments of Radiology and Neurosurgery and specializes in interventional neuroradiology. He has a background in electrical engineering and a special interest in applying new techniques and technologies to clinical patient care. He is a past recipient of the American Society of Neuroradiology Research Foundation Grant and his research is concentrated on experimental stroke modeling and development of new computational models for understanding and developing new therapies for cerebrovascular disease.
- Certificate of Added Qualifications in Neuroradiology, American Board of Radiology
- Board Certification in Diagnostic Radiology, American Board of Radiology
- Fellowship in Interventional Neuroradiology, Emory University School of Medicine
- Fellowship in Diagnostic Neuroradiology, Emory University School of Medicine
- Radiology Residency, Emory University School of Medicine
- M.D. Duke University School of Medicine
- B.S. The University of Texas at Austin
Dr. Tong specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of patients with circulatory diseases of the brain and the spinal cord. He has a particular interest in the endovascular treatment of brain aneurysms, dural arterio-venous fistulae, arterio-venous malformations, and prevention and treatment of stroke. Research projects include development of advanced neurovascular imaging techniques and the application of computational fluid dynamics to advanced imaging analysis and treatment outcome simulation.
- View publications on PubMed