Jacques E. Dion, MD, FRCPC
Radiology and Neurosurgery
Interventional Neuroradiology Fellowship Program
1364 Clifton Road NE
Atlanta, GA 30322
Phone: (404) 712-4991
Dr. Dion is an interventional neuroradiologist with 30 years of experience. He has achieved recognition both nationally and internationally. He was President of the Society of NeuroInterventional Surgery in 2001 and 2002, and served on its Executive Committee for five years. He pioneered vertebroplasty in North America in the early 1990’s and was part of the team that developed endovascular coiling of cerebral aneurysms, also in the early 1990’s.
- B.A. (Major: Pre Med, Minor: Philosophy), University of Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, 1971 - 1974
- M.D., University of Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, 1974 - 1978
- Internship: Harbor UCLA Medical Center, Torrance, CA, 1978 – 1979
- Radiology Residency: Harbor UCLA Medical Center, Torrance, CA, 1979 – 1981, Hopital Notre-Dame, Montreal, Canada, 1981 – 1983.
- Neuroradiology Fellowship (Diagnostic and Interventional): University of Western Ontario, Canada, 1983-1985
Dr. Dion directs the Interventional Neuroradiology Fellowship Program. He has published over 125 peer reviewed papers, written over 35 book chapters and given over 500 invited lectures.
- View publications on PubMed